- Two 15-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
How to make this recipe
- Open the chilled cans of coconut milk and carefully spoon the thick coconut cream into a medium bowl (you should have about 1 1/2 cups total). Reserve the remaining coconut milk for another use. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla bean seeds to the coconut cream.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream at moderately high speed until soft peaks form and the cream has nearly doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
The coconut cream can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.