- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
- 1/3 cup small pearl tapioca
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Tiny pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, cover the tapioca with cold water and let soak for 1 hour. Drain the tapioca in a fine sieve.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the tapioca and cook until it turns clear, about 4 minutes. Drain immediately and return the tapioca to the saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.