- 4 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 large ripe passion fruits, halved
- 2 kiwis—peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 275°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with cooking spray. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar at medium speed until frothy. Beat in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the meringue is thick and glossy. Beat in the vanilla extract, then fold in the shredded coconut.
- Scoop the meringue into six 3 1/2-inch mounds on the prepared baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, make a 1 1/2-inch well in the center of each meringue.
- Bake the meringues in the center of the oven for about 1 hour, until crisp and lightly golden but still chewy on the inside. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Scoop the pulp and seeds from the passion fruits into a bowl. Set the meringues on plates. Mound the kiwi and mango into the center of the meringues, spoon the passion fruit on top and serve.
The meringues can be stored overnight in an airtight container.
One Serving 231 cal, 4 gm fat, 2.9 gm sat fat, 48 gm carb, 3.4 gm fiber.