- 3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons whole milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Make the Cupcakes Preheat the oven to 350º. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Whisk in the eggs, agave nectar, coconut oil, milk and vanilla until completely blended and smooth.
- Make the Cupcakes Divide the batter equally between 12 lined muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the baking tin to a wire rack and let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cupcakes from the tin and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, Make the Frosting In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk, vanilla and salt until smooth and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Meanwhile, Make the Frosting Frost the cupcakes, garnish with the shredded coconut and serve or store in an airtight container for up to two days.