- 1 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 large eggs
- 5 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
How to make this recipe
- Make the Cake Preheat the oven to 325º. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Make the Cake In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, blend the eggs, carrots, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and thoroughly mix. Pour the batter into two greased 9-by-9-inch cake pans lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick pulled from the center comes out clean. Remove the pans from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, Make the Frosting In a large bowl or stand mixer, whip together the cream cheese, butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Meanwhile, Make the Frosting Once the cakes are completely cool, frost the cake with cream cheese frosting, garnish with walnuts and serve.