Coconut-Almond Balls with Dried Fruit
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 20 balls
The Good News Inspired by her craving for doughnut holes, Ani Phyo created these almond balls that are bound with fiber-rich dates. They're packed with protein, so she calls them her "little energy balls."
- 1 cup raw almonds (5 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1 cup dried pineapple (4 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted (4 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds with the salt and vanilla seeds until very finely ground. Add the pineapple and dates and process until the mixture holds together. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the cranberries. Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in the coconut until coated.
Make Ahead The coconut-almond balls can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Notes One serving 178 cal, 9 gm fat, 1.8 gm sat fat, 24 gm carb, 3.2 gm fiber.