- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 3/4 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa nibs
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, sugar, sliced almonds, arrowroot, baking soda and salt. Add the coconut oil, applesauce, almond extract and cocoa nibs and stir with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
- With a 1 tablespoon-size cookie scoop, drop the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges and centers are browned and crisp. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days in between sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Cookies also freeze well up to 1 week.