Manhattan Ice Cream Float
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Spire • Boston
At Spire, Gabriel Frasca makes his own bourbon ice cream and cherry syrup for this clever riff on a Manhattan. For his superquick version, he blends vanilla ice cream with bourbon and uses a high-quality black cherry soda like Stewart's or IBC.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 liter cherry soda, or three 12-ounce bottles, chilled
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Put the ice cream in a food processor. With the machine on and working quickly, add the bourbon and process just until combined. Spread the ice cream in a large, shallow plastic container and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the heavy cream with the vermouth, sugar and bitters until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour the cherry soda into 4 tall glasses, filling them two-thirds full. Scoop the ice cream into each glass and top with a dollop of the whipped cream. Garnish with the cherries and serve.