- 3 medium leeks, white part only, halved lengthwise and coarsely chopped
- 1 small celery rib, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, plus 12 additional leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Four 6-ounce halibut steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 8 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 4 small red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Light a charcoal grill. In a food processor, combine the leeks, celery, garlic, the 2 cups of basil, parsley and anchovies and pulse until finely chopped. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of oil in the center of each of four 18-inch foil squares. Set the halibut on top of the leeks and arrange the tomatoes, potatoes and remaining 12 basil leaves around. Season the fish and vegetables with salt and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons of water around each fish steak. Bring the sides of the foil up and over the fish, sealing the edges together with short folds.
Spread the medium-hot coals out to an even layer and set the fish bundles in the coals, folded side up. Cover the grill and cook until the bundles swell with steam and you can hear the liquid bubbling, about 30 minutes. Set a closed bundle on each plate and open them at the table.
One Serving Calories 375 kcal, Protein 38 gm, Carbohydrate 40 gm, Cholesterol 50 mg, Total Fat 7.1 gm, Saturated Fat 1 gm.
Pair with a soft, floral Pinot Blanc like Chalone's Estate Bottled Pinot Blanc The Pinnacles from California.