Claudine's Mixed Greens with Zucchini and Pecorino
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
One of the best lessons Claudine Pépin ever learned from her father was that all you need to make a great salad is a simple vinaigrette and very fresh, crisp greens. Claudine just happened to find a basket of ripe cherry tomatoes, a small, just-picked zucchini and a hunk of pecorino in the house, so she added them to the mix. If you don't have a mandoline for slicing the zucchini and shaving the pecorino, thinly slice them with a sharp knife or a sturdy vegetable peeler.
More Green Salads
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 small, very firm zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- Pecorino shavings
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic, then whisk in the olive oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the mixed greens, tomatoes and zucchini and toss well. Garnish the salad with pecorino shavings and serve.