- SERVINGS: MAKES ENOUGH FOR 10 TO 12 CUPS OF SALAD GREENS
This classic vinaigrette is perfect for dressing green salads, tomatoes, avocados, mushrooms, beets and just about any other vegetable. Or, dress it up with chopped herbs, or with olives, diced fresh or sundried tomatoes or minced anchovies, and serve it with grilled or poached seafood, poultry or meat.
- 1 rounded teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Scant teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 twists of a pepper mill
- Scant 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk to dissolve the salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and then the vegetable oil in a very thin stream.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.