© Mark Seelen
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
For a more elaborate presentation, line a charlotte mold with the coffee-soaked ladyfingers, then fill it with the mascarpone. Unmold onto a plate to serve.
- One 17 1/2-ounce container mascarpone
- 4 large eggs, separated (see Note)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 24 ladyfingers (from a 7-ounce package)
- Sweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone with the egg yolks and 3 tablespoons of the sugar. In a large stainless steel bowl, whip the egg whites until they hold soft peaks. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until the peaks are firm and glossy. Fold half of the egg whites into the mascarpone, then fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour the coffee into a deep dish. Dip both sides of 12 of the ladyfingers into the coffee and arrange them in a single layer in a deep 8-inch-square glass baking dish. Spread half of the mascarpone filling on top. Dip the remaining 12 ladyfingers in the coffee and arrange them in a layer over the filling. Spread the remaining mascarpone over the lady-fingers and dust generously with cocoa. Refrigerate the tiramisu until thoroughly chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Notes Please be aware that this recipe uses raw eggs.