- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2 cups basil leaves, torn into pieces (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely grated Mimolette or slightly aged Gouda (3 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- In a large mortar, pound the garlic with the salt to a paste. Add the basil by the handful and grind the leaves against the side of the mortar until almost smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, then gradually stir in the olive oil until it's incorporated. Stir in the cheese and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Two Tablespoons 103 Calories, 10 gm Total Fat, 2.9 gm Saturated Fat, 1 gm carb, 0 gm Fiber.