Classic Fudge Brownies
- SERVINGS: Makes 16 brownies
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter an 8-inch-square metal baking pan. In a saucepan, melt the chocolate with the butter over low heat. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the sugar with the eggs and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate and beat until smooth. Stir in the flour and salt, then fold in the nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes, or just until firm. Let cool completely in the pan. Cut into squares and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.