- 2 pounds fish bones and heads, rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
How to make this recipe
In a large pot, combine the fish bones and heads with the water, white wine, sliced leek, onion and celery and the chopped garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns and sea salt and bring the fish stock to a simmer over moderately low heat. Simmer the stock for 30 minutes. Strain the fish stock through several layers of moistened cheesecloth.
The fish stock can be refrigerated overnight or frozen for up to 1 month.