- 9 slices of thick-cut bacon (6 ounces)
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs
- 2 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1 small head of frisée, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1 small head of Bibb lettuce, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1 small bunch of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 plum tomatoes—halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 pound Roquefort cheese, cubed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- MAKE THE DRESSING Preheat the oven to 425°. Arrange the bacon slices on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and crisp. Blot the bacon, then crumble or coarsely chop it. Peel the eggs and halve them. Separate the whites from the yolks and separately press them through a coarse sieve.
- In a large serving bowl, gently toss the romaine with the frisée, Bibb lettuce and watercress. Arrange the remaining ingredients in decorative rows over the greens in the following order: avocados, chicken, tomatoes, sieved egg white, sieved egg yolk, bacon, chives and Roquefort.
- In a blender, combine the shallot, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil and blend until smooth. With the machine on, gradually drizzle in the canola oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve the salad and pass the dressing in a gravy boat.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.