- 6 ounces ground fatty brisket (see Note)
- 6 ounces ground short rib
- 6 ounces ground bottom round
- 6 ounces ground chuck
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the ground meats, mixing gently with your hands. Divide the meat into 4 pieces and gently shape each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Set the burgers on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Generously season the burgers on both sides with salt. Grill over high heat until browned outside and medium-rare within, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a rack and top each with 2 ounces of the crumbled Roquefort. Let rest for 3 minutes then transfer to the toasted buns and serve.
Ground skirt steak can replace the ground brisket, the ground short rib or both.
Tenuta delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso.