- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
Making homemade aioli is a revelation and it's delicious on sandwiches, as a dip for vegetables or swirled into stews.
Slideshow: Amazing Recipes for Condiments
- 3 small garlic cloves, finely grated
- Kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- On a work surface, using the flat side of a chef's knife, smash the garlic with a generous pinch of salt into a paste; scrape into a bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolk, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of water into the garlic paste. Whisk in the olive oil, a few drops at a time, until the aioli starts to thicken. Add the remaining olive oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in the vegetable oil; season the aioli with salt and pepper and serve.