© Tina Rupp
Clams with Spicy Sausage
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 pound andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, onion, lemon zest and curry powder and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the andouille and cook over moderately high heat for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the clams, cover and cook, shaking the pan a few times, until they open, 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the clams into shallow bowls. Stir the cilantro into the broth, then pour over the clams. Serve with lemon wedges.