Citrusy Mojito Chicken
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and lime, removing all of the bitter pith. Cut in between the membranes and release the sections onto a work surface. Squeeze the membranes over a medium bowl to extract the juices. Stir in half each of the olive oil, cilantro and mint and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Grill the chicken thighs over moderately high heat, turning them occasionally, until they are lightly charred outside and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the grapefruit and lime sections and transfer to a bowl. Add the red onion and the remaining olive oil, cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken thighs with the citrus salsa.
A citrusy Albariño, a mojito (of course) or a hefeweizen (a wheat beer often served with lemon).
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.