- 1 pound large sea scallops, sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (See Note)
- 2 medium celery ribs, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 fresh kumquat, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Fine sea salt
- Toasted or grilled thinly sliced white bread, for serving
- In a large shallow glass or ceramic dish, spread the scallop slices in a single layer. In a small bowl, combine the celery, kumquat, onion, lime juice and olive oil and season with pepper. Mix well and spoon the lime marinade over the scallops. Cover and refrigerate until the scallops start to turn opaque, at least 1 hour or for up to 4 hours.
- Add the cilantro and chives to the scallops and toss. Season with salt. Arrange the ceviche in a shallow bowl or platter and serve with the toasted bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.