© Chris Court
Citrus Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Adding limes to this salad gives it a distinctly tart flavor, but feel free to leave them out and use more oranges or grapefruit instead.
Slideshow: Great Recipes for Winter Produce
- 6 oranges
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 limes
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Using a sharp knife, carefully peel the oranges, red grapefruits and limes, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a small bowl to catch the juices from the fruit, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Cut the lime and grapefruit sections into thirds and leave the orange sections whole. Transfer all of the citrus to a serving bowl and add the sliced shallot and chopped parsley. Reserve the citrus juice for another use.
- In another small bowl, whisk the lemon zest with the lemon juice, crème fraîche, maple syrup and poppy seeds. Season the dressing lightly with salt. Pour the dressing over the fruit, toss the salad gently and serve right away.
Make Ahead The poppy seed dressing can be refrigerated overnight. Whisk gently before tossing with the citrus.