Citrus Salad with Candied Ginger
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
The key to making this simple fruit salad with candied ginger: Use a sharp knife to cut the citrus. "The better your knife, the better this dish will look," says chef Jason Travi.
Plus: More Dessert Recipes and Tips
- 2 pink or red grapefruits
- 6 navel oranges
- 10 clementines
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, minced
- 3/4 cup salted roasted almonds, such as marcona, chopped
- Finely grate 1 teaspoon each of grapefruit zest, orange zest and clementine zest into a large bowl and add the sugar.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the citrus, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over the bowl, cut the grapefruits and oranges in between the membranes and release the sections into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes over the fruit. Cut each clementine into eighths. Add to the bowl along with the sugar and ginger and stir. Sprinkle with the almonds just before serving.
One serving 228 cal, 41 gm carb, 7 gm fat, .6 gm sat fat, 5 gm protein, 8 gm fiber.