Citrus Salad with Arugula and Mint
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 large navel oranges
- 2 Minneola, or Honeybell, tangerines
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound arugula, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup torn mint leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Using a sharp knife, peel the citrus fruits; be sure to remove all of the bitter white pith. Working over a strainer set in a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the citrus sections into the strainer. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into the strainer.
- Measure 2 tablespoons of the strained juice into a bowl; drink the rest. Whisk the olive oil into the juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, mint and red onion and toss. Add the fruit, toss gently and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.