- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves, plus 8 large mint sprigs, lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves, lightly crushed
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 cups vodka
- 2 cups dry white wine
- Ice cubes and chilled club soda, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and the large crushed mint sprigs with the water and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. Remove the mint syrup from the heat and let it stand until completely cool. Strain the mint syrup into a medium bowl; discard the mint sprigs.
- In a large pitcher, muddle the 2 cups of mint leaves with the crushed cilantro, lemon juice and lime juice. Add the cooled mint syrup, the vodka and the white wine and stir the cocktail to combine. Strain the citrus-mint cocktail into tall glasses filled with ice cubes, top each drink with a splash of club soda and serve.
The mint syrup can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.