- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Four 10-ounce bone-in pork loin chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 endives—halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
How to make this recipe
- Prepare the pork Whisk the citrus juice and zest, honey, garlic and onion. Add the chops and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the pork Remove the chops from the marinade. Strain and reserve the marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season the chops with salt and pepper, add 2 to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until golden, about 2 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 chops. Clean the skillet.
- Prepare the pork In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the chops and the strained marinade and cook over moderate heat, turning and basting, until the chops are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes; an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of each chop should register 135°. Transfer the chops to plates and spoon some of the sauce on top.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil with the vinegar, garlic, orange zest and juice. Add the endives, jalapeño, cauliflower and cilantro, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw Top the chops with the slaw. Scatter the cashews and coconut flakes on top and serve.
Juicy, raspberry-inflected Garnacha.