- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to moderate. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook, turning a few times, until partially cooked, about 3 minutes. Add the orange juice, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until the sauce thickens and coats the shrimp, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper and serve.
The shrimp can be refrigerated overnight and eaten cold.
One Serving 139 cal, 14 gm fat, 2 gm sat fat, 4 gm carb, 0 gm fiber.
Butternut-Squash-and-Sage Wontons, steamed brown rice or green salad.
Crisp, grapefruity New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.