- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN plus chilling
- SERVINGS: makes about 2 quarts
Cinnamon flavors lots of holiday drinks, from eggnog to mulled wine. Here it appears in a juicy punch that's delicious spiked with Grand Marnier or Cognac.
- 2 1/ 4 cups fresh orange juice
- Strips of zest from 2 navel oranges
- Three 3-inch-long cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 3 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 2 1/2 cups cold grapefruit soda (20 ounces)
- Orange slices and ground cinnamon, for garnish
- MAKE THE PUNCH In a saucepan, boil the orange juice, zest and cinnamon sticks over moderately high heat until reduced to 1 cup, 8 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- In a large glass pitcher, combine the orange reduction with the orange and grapefruit juices and the grenadine. Stir well and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Just before serving, pour in the grapefruit soda. Dust the orange slices with cinnamon and serve in the punch.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.