Citrus Chicken with Habanero Honey
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 oranges
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 large habanero chile, seeded and minced
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon of zest from 1 of the oranges. Using a small, sharp knife, peel all of the oranges and grapefruits, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a glass measuring cup; you should have 1 cup.
- In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter and cover loosely with foil. Add the 1/2 teaspoon of orange zest and the citrus juices to the skillet and simmer over high heat until reduced by one-third, about 4 minutes. Add the honey and habanero and simmer over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the orange and grapefruit sections and season with salt and pepper. Return the chicken breasts and any accumulated juices to the skillet and warm over low heat for 1 minute. Season with lemon juice. Serve the chicken breasts with the citrus sections and sauce.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.