- 2 tablespoons honey, preferably Tupelo
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 red grapefruits
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 Hass avocados, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 2 bunches of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk the honey with the lime juice, oil, sour cream and vinegar. Stir in the poppy seeds and season with salt and pepper.
In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruits and oranges, being sure to remove all of the bitter white pith. Working over a large bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Reserve the grapefruit and orange juices for another use. Pat the citrus sections dry with paper towels and return them to the bowl.
Add the avocados, goat cheese and watercress to the bowl and toss gently. Add the minced chives, toasted pine nuts and the honey dressing and toss again. Serve immediately.