Cinnamon Toast Crumb Crust
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: Makes one 10-inch crust
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups diced crusts and end pieces from 1 loaf of packaged white bread (10 ounces crusts)
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the butter is golden brown, about 8 minutes; strain into a glass measuring cup. Reserve the browned butter solids for the Brown Butter Custard Pie.
- Pour half of the melted butter into a bowl. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon and bread, and toss. Spread the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden. Let cool.
- Rewarm the remaining butter; pour into a food processor. Add the croutons and pulse to fine crumbs; spoon the crumbs into a 10-inch pie plate. Refrigerate for 5 minutes. Press the crumbs over the bottom and sides of the pie plate; refrigerate the crust until chilled, 15 minutes.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.