Cinnamon Sautéed Apples and Pears
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 cups
Chef Bill Neal liked to prepare these buttery, sweet fruit slices as an accompaniment to pancakes at breakfast.
From Good Old Grits Cookbook (Workman). Used by permission of the publisher.
More Delicious Ideas for Apples
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 Bartlett pears—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the apple and pear slices and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes longer.
Make AheadThe sautéed apples and pears can be refrigerated overnight. Rewarm before serving.