Cinnamon Sautéed Apples and Pears
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 Bartlett pears—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the apple and pear slices and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes longer.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.