- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Granny Smith apples—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 Bartlett pears—peeled, cored and sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the apple and pear slices and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes longer.
The sautéed apples and pears can be refrigerated overnight. Rewarm before serving.