- TOTAL TIME: 12 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Marcela Valladolid tosses scallops in a spicy, vibrant combination of garlic, lime, soy and crushed red pepper before quickly grilling them.
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling the grates
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Tortilla chips, chopped avocado and lime wedges, for serving
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and cilantro along with the garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and crushed red pepper and toss to coat. Oil the grates and grill the scallops over moderate heat, basting with the marinade, until golden and just cooked through, 2 minutes per side. Serve the scallops with lime wedges, chopped avocado and tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.