- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, boil the orange juice over moderately high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 8 minutes. Let cool, then transfer to a blender.
- Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, toast the cumin seeds over moderate heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Grind the cumin in a mortar or spice grinder.
- Add the cumin to the blender along with the cilantro and lemon juice and blend until smooth. With the blender on, add the canola oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with salt and cayenne.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.