Cilantro and Yogurt Sauce
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Chef Way Making this herb sauce is a two-step process: pureeing the cilantro, mint, jalapeño, garlic, cumin and lemon juice, then whisking in the yogurt separately.
Easy Way The bright, cooling, yogurty sauce comes together instantly in a blender.
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Kosher salt
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, mint, jalapeño, garlic, cumin and lemon juice and puree to a paste. Add the yogurt and puree until smooth. Season with salt.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Serve WithChicken Tikka.