- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 3 cups
Bobbi Brown discovered this terrific guacamole recipe in Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Avocado has a rich, buttery taste, much of which comes from "good" unsaturated fat.
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic and salt and pepper; toss with a wooden spoon.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
Notes One Serving 216 cal, 20 gm fat, 3 gm saturated fat, 11 gm carb, 6 gm fiber. Serve With Baked tortilla chips or toasted pita triangles.