- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Ketsi • Punta Mita, Mexico
Mexico City native Richard Sandoval makes his guacamole tableside in a volcanic-rock molcajete (mortar and pestle) and serves it with hot, superthin corn tortilla chips and two kinds of salsa: avocado-and-tomatillo and fresh tomato.
- 3 Hass avocados, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, gently stir the diced avocados with the tomato, onion, cilantro, chile and lime juice until well mixed but still slightly chunky. Season the guacamole with salt and serve with tortilla chips.