- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes about 3 cups
Bobbi Brown discovered this terrific guacamole recipe in Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Avocado has a rich, buttery taste, much of which comes from "good" unsaturated fat.
- 4 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- Halve and pit the avocados, then scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lemon juice, Tabasco, onion, garlic and salt and pepper; toss with a wooden spoon.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through the avocados in the bowl until they are finely diced. Add the tomatoes and toss to combine. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.