- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10
Good News This crispy, lightly sweet, brittle-like granola is made with high-fiber oats and protein-rich seeds, including flaxseeds, which are also high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds
- Plain low-fat yogurt, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300° and position a rack in the center. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; spray the paper with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil and honey. Cook over low heat until just warmed through. In a large bowl, stir the honey mixture into the rest of the ingredients until evenly distributed. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let the granola cool.
- Invert the baking sheet onto a work surface and tap out the brittle. Peel off the parchment paper. Break the granola into chunks. Return it to the pan and cool on a wire rack. Serve with the yogurt.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.