© Tina Rupp
Chris Bianco's Pizza Rosa
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus 30 minutes for preheating
- SERVINGS: 6
Chef Way: At Pizzeria Bianco, Chris Bianco’s custom-built wood-burning oven heats up to 800°.
Easy Way: For home cooks, preheating a pizza stone in a 500° oven before baking the pizza creates a charred, crisp crust.
- Three 8-ounce balls of pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Put a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°, allowing at least 30 minutes for the stone to preheat.
- Work with one piece of dough at a time: On a floured surface, roll or stretch the dough out to a 12-inch round. Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel. Spread one-third of the cheese on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Lightly press the cheese into the dough. Top with one-third of both the onion and the rosemary.
- Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for about 4 minutes, until lightly golden and bubbling. Carefully sprinkle one-third of the pistachios over the pizza and bake for 2 minutes longer, until the crust is browned and the onions are very soft. Slide the pizza onto a work surface. Drizzle with olive oil, cut into wedges and serve. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings.
Crisp, floral sparkling wine.