Chorizo Poached in Red Wine
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- Two 4-ounce pieces dry Spanish chorizo
- 6 cups dry red wine (about two 750-milliliter bottles)
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat, turning once, until the chorizo are plump, about 15 minutes. Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chorizo to a work surface and slice on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick. Return the chorizo slices to the skillet and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo slices to a shallow serving bowl and pour in enough of the poaching liquid to reach halfway up the side. Serve the chorizo with toothpicks.
Pair these Spanish sausages with a luscious Cabernet Sauvignon from Walla Walla, Washington.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.