© Cedric Angeles
Chorizo Poached in Red Wine
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 10
- Two 4-ounce pieces dry Spanish chorizo
- 6 cups dry red wine (about two 750-milliliter bottles)
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat, turning once, until the chorizo are plump, about 15 minutes. Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chorizo to a work surface and slice on the diagonal 1/4 inch thick. Return the chorizo slices to the skillet and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Transfer the chorizo slices to a shallow serving bowl and pour in enough of the poaching liquid to reach halfway up the side. Serve the chorizo with toothpicks.
Make AheadThe poached, unsliced chorizo can stand in the wine for up to 1 hour.
Pair these Spanish sausages with a luscious Cabernet Sauvignon from Walla Walla, Washington.