Chorizo-Olive Burgers with Fried Egg
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3/4 pound ground chuck, about 80 percent lean
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin, about 90 percent lean
- 2 ounces cured chorizo
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roasted red peppers
- 1 fried egg
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a food processor, mince 2 ounces cured chorizo. Add it to the ground meat with 1/4 cup chopped green olives.
- Light a grill. In a bowl, mix the ground meats and gently form into four 4-inch patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Make a 1/2-inch-deep indentation in the center of each patty, then rub lightly with the oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers over high heat, turning once, about 6 minutes for medium-rare; transfer to the buns, top with roasted red peppers and a fried egg.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.