- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Peter Ireland deconstructed one of his favorite Portuguese fish stews, traditionally made with salt cod and chorizo, to create these luscious cod fillets coated with chorizo and simply broiled.
More Healthy Fish Recipes
- 1 1/2 ounces Spanish chorizo, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarse dry bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless cod or halibut fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a mini food processor, finely chop the chorizo. Add the bread crumbs and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the chorizo crumbs to a plate. Lightly oil a medium glass or ceramic baking dish. Dip one side of each fillet into the chorizo crumbs, pressing to help them adhere; arrange in the baking dish, crumb side up. Pack the remaining crumbs on top.
- Roast the fish for 12 minutes, or until it is white throughout and flakes with a fork. Preheat the broiler and broil the cod fillets 6 inches from the heat for 20 to 30 seconds, or until the chorizo crust is lightly browned and crisp. Serve right away.
Medium-bodied, earthy Chardonnay.