- 1 1/2 ounces Spanish chorizo, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarse dry bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce skinless cod or halibut fillets, about 1 1/2 inches thick
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a mini food processor, finely chop the chorizo. Add the bread crumbs and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper and transfer the chorizo crumbs to a plate. Lightly oil a medium glass or ceramic baking dish. Dip one side of each fillet into the chorizo crumbs, pressing to help them adhere; arrange in the baking dish, crumb side up. Pack the remaining crumbs on top.
- Roast the fish for 12 minutes, or until it is white throughout and flakes with a fork. Preheat the broiler and broil the cod fillets 6 inches from the heat for 20 to 30 seconds, or until the chorizo crust is lightly browned and crisp. Serve right away.
Medium-bodied, earthy Chardonnay.