Chorizo and Potatoes with Spinach and Soft-Boiled Eggs
- SERVINGS: 4
This warm, satisfying one-dish meal is often on the bar menu served at the communal table at Nicole's. The dish was inspired by some favorite plates from the bars in the south of Spain.
- 8 medium new potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 pound chorizo, sliced diagonally 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam the potatoes over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a plate and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil for 5 minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water. Peel the eggs.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chorizo and cook over moderate heat, turning, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chorizo to the skillet and gently fold in the spinach. Season with salt and pepper and divide the chorizo mixture among 4 plates. Set an egg on top of each. Cut into the yolks and serve.
This spicy dish is best set off by a soft red Côtes-du-Rhône.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.