- 8 medium new potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), quartered
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 pound chorizo, sliced diagonally 1/2 inch thick
- 4 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Steam the potatoes over boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a plate and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the eggs and boil for 5 minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water. Peel the eggs.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chorizo and cook over moderate heat, turning, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Return the chorizo to the skillet and gently fold in the spinach. Season with salt and pepper and divide the chorizo mixture among 4 plates. Set an egg on top of each. Cut into the yolks and serve.
This spicy dish is best set off by a soft red Côtes-du-Rhône.