- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean salsa
- 2 teaspoons minced serrano or jalapeño chile
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 ounces green beans
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 5 baby beets—trimmed, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 4 cups (packed) mixed baby greens, such as frisÉe and romaine
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 4 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, combine the canola oil, salsa, chile, garlic, sherry and rice vinegars, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the sugar snap peas until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sugar snaps to a colander and refresh under cold water; pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat the process with the green beans, broccoli and beets, cooking each vegetable individually until just tender.
Add the greens, tomatoes and feta cheese to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate the vegetables and dressing separately and bring to room temperature before assembling the salad.