- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon black bean salsa
- 2 teaspoons minced serrano or jalapeño chile
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas
- 4 ounces green beans
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 5 baby beets—trimmed, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 4 cups (packed) mixed baby greens, such as frisÉe and romaine
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 4 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, combine the canola oil, salsa, chile, garlic, sherry and rice vinegars, soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the sugar snap peas until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sugar snaps to a colander and refresh under cold water; pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat the process with the green beans, broccoli and beets, cooking each vegetable individually until just tender.
- Add the greens, tomatoes and feta cheese to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 up to 1 day ahead; refrigerate the vegetables and dressing separately and bring to room temperature before assembling the salad.