- 1/2 pound green beans, halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 large basil leaf
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 pound Greek feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat the beans dry.
In a blender, combine the red wine vinegar with the garlic clove, shallot, mustard, oregano, thyme and basil and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the blanched green beans, tomato halves, sliced onion and crumbled feta cheese. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve the salad immediately.