- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens, coarsely chopped
- 4 Belgian endives—halved, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber—peeled, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (5 ounces), halved
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice and shallot and puree. With the machine on, add the olive oil and canola oil and puree until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the endives, cucumber, tomatoes, dill, olives and feta. Add half of the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss. Add the remaining dressing, toss again and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.