Chopped Cabbage and Kale Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
The textures of chopped cabbage and kale work wonderfully together in this quick salad, with chopped walnuts and red bell pepper providing even more crunch.
- 6 cups chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups loosely packed, de-stemmed and chopped kale
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, kale, bell peppers, walnuts and feta cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill and serve.